Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Up, Up, and Away

Yesterday when my mail came I got the best package in the mail. Unfortunately, when I picked it up I heard a rattle and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. I knew what was in that box and I was scared to open it. I took photos all the way through.
 Even with the rattle the box didn't really show any damage.
 Look how nicely packaged it is so far.

 Nice and bubble wrapped....



Uh-oh ... Poor Amish Butterprint 444... You will be missed. I wanted this bowl but I have another one. My real concern was the rest of the shipment.

 AMAZING 441 -- Balloons in almost mint condition. It was so well wrapped inside the poor destroyed bowl. It didn't even have a scratch on it. Time to see the rest of them.



 More great wrapping...


 Bubble wrap galore. It was well wrapped and taped up.


 So far it's looking good.


WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Still in great shape.

YAY!!!!!!!! My balloons are up, up and away.

The rest of the story is this.... I found the 441 and the 444 Amish butterprint on Etsy for less than $20 and then the seller sent me a convo letting me know she had the larger bowl if I would like to purchase it also. I think I scared her with how quick I said YES! I am disappointed in the broken bowl but I am certain it was USPS fault and not the shipper. She had everything well packaged and still there was damage. She offered to pay me back for the broken bowl. I think USPS should be paying me back. I think they probably toss these boxes around like they were pillows.

4 comments:

  1. They are so pretty (not the broken one!), what a great find! I send a fridgie set sent out to someone and they messaged me that one of the smallest fridges broke in to a million pieces. I offered to refund them, but never heard back again, maybe they filed with USPS? I write fragile on there now, I think they drop kick most other boxes!
    PS, I'm your newest follower, found you on Pyrex Collective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. I told Robin not to worry about paying me as well. She really did a good packing job.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I was thrilled (to get them and that they weren't damaged).

      Delete