Sunday, June 19, 2011

Estate Sale Heaven

First I would like to start off by apologising for my lack of updates and the loooong post you are about to see. I have purchased a lot of really cool stuff lately but I won't bore you with all of it. I will just show the hilights from this week.

I went to the best estate sale this Friday. I didn't have to open so I was able to hit it first thing in the morning. It advertised vintage and craft items. I am a total craft addict but I don't always do anything with the stuff. I have not photographed all of it but I did get lots of crafty things including: knitting needles for my mom (all vintage), vintage WISS & Gingher scissors, tons and tons of vintage wrapping paper.

Here's what I did take pictures of:


Early Americana Pyrex MINT in original box. Absolutely no wear whatsoever -- A little pricey at $25 but I've never had any MIB.

Pink Flamingo Pyrex - This set is mint almost unused. Do you think it came as a set together? -- $10



Spring Blossom - $3
Non Pyrex Items:
 This is my absolutely favorite find of the entire sale and I didn't even realize it until I got home. I found this tucked away in a drawer with some knitting needles. It is a handpainted surprise ball from the 1950s. It is made from crepe paper that would peel away to reveal small toys and trinkets. It was made by Charles Gregor of New Orleans. So cool!!! I listed it on EBAY already.

 Cool Johann Gunter hand carved mushroom candle.

 Various Christmas items. This is a small sample. There is also a life size Santa poster I need to give some love to.

 Madonna statue and planter for my mom.


 Pipe racks and pipes.

 Accordian style sewing basket -- again for my mom.

 Skotch Kooler 4 gallon. So cool and retro. Made of metal. I have a thermos addiction and this was in the shed with all of the thermos containers below.


I bought these great Stavangerflint by Kari Nyquist mugs earlier this week at the Salvation Army.
This metal Doctors office shelf (pictured without the 2 glass shelves) was purchased two weeks ago at a yard sale for a steal at $35. I have sanded it in preparation for painting but I can't decide on a color yet. I bought a whole tote full of vintage Pyrex and Kromax labware at the same sale for $5.

5 comments:

  1. You found some awesome stuff. Love the Pyrex but my fav is the plaid cooler and the thermoses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cooler too. I tried to talk my hubby into letting us take it to the beach this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know I love the Pyrex but I also love those vintage Thermoses!! That old doctor's office cabinet is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon I'm going to combine the pyrex with the cabinet. Hopefully I'll get to it after we get back from the beach next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in total love with the doctors cabinet!

    ReplyDelete